SEOS12 far-field capabilities

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by Brinkman, Jan 7, 2014.

1. A wonderful opportunity has come up where I may be in charge of providing a speaker arrangement for a warehouse/production floor type of environment. Because of the working environment, I suggested the possibility of mounting the speakers from the rafters which really appealed to the workers who wanted the speakers off the floor.

My current thinking is two pairs of Fusion-12 Tempests in an inward-facing cross-correlated square arrangement (clockwise: RLRL). I could suspend them a short distance below the rafters with some galvanized piping, upside down (to get the waveguides a couple of feet closer to ear level) and tilted back (outward) about 20 deg so that the waveguides were oriented towards the floor.

So I suppose my main question is in regard to how long the throw of the SEOS12 is so I can determine how far away from each other I can satisfactorily position the vertices of my square arrangement.

If this isn't clear ask away because I really want to see this work out.

Best regards.

2. At max output, you could probably space them as much as 400-600' apart, and still have very good sound!

Check this out: MTG90 video