SEOS12 with AE TD12X (not S!)

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by BillWaslo, Sep 22, 2012.

1. (ooops! I got the model wrong on the woofer -- it was a TD12X, not a TD12S !)

Here is a link to measured response and impedance files for the TD12S and the SEOS12 drivers, these are for measurement with the FRONT edge of the SEOS12 being on the same plane with the TD12X... if the TD12X is modeled using the Z offset shown in the Notes.txt file.
    http://libinst.com/SEOS/SEOS12_TD12X/

The curves were taken at 22degrees off the horizontal axis, at the tweeter's vertical center. The 22deg offset is why the very high treble drops like that. I figure that since these will always be used toed-in (RIGHT???) that 22deg is a better angle to adjust for.

This was with a driver kindly loaned by HomeTheaterDoc. I also modeled (but didn't build) a crossover design for these drivers, here are the simulated freq response and impedance curves:
    [​IMG]
    (ignore the glitch around 800Hz, that's a PCD thing)

[​IMG]

This is the schematic:

[​IMG]

The schematic file is at https://www.circuitlab.com/circuit/7438a5/seos12_td12x/

Very nice driver, that.

2. Hey Bill,

I found an error on the schematic, the coil on the woofer lists 2.5mH but the part # is for a 4.7mH. Which is correct? (I am guessing the 2.5 as 4.7 sounds a little large)

Reason I am asking is I am going to be building these crossovers for beastaudio over on AVS and want to make sure the parts are correct.

Thanks, Matt

3. oops. Yeah, that should be 266-556.

4. Got my almost finished design for this build coming soon!!! I will post pics and graphs upon completion!!! WOOT WOOT!!! Thanks BW for putting this one together, don't know why anyone is really binding to this build but I am super stoked about the hopeful outcome :D

5. Count me as another going with this. Mine will be going into a 40" ported tower. Very excited on the build.

6. Does this use the 4ohm or 8ohm TD12X?