HTM-12s

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by LionelC, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Hi, and thanks for any advice in advance.

1)I am wanting to purchase the HTM 12s for my fronts, but I was not sure what to use as a center channel as an HTM 12 is just too tall for my situation.

2) Can I just stack two HTM-12s so two for front right and two for front left? I want to run them parallel to get a 4 ohm load.
    Will running them like this affect the crossovers? I assume that running them in series would, but parallel should be fine right? Would 2 compression drivers on each side be too much?

I want a 4 ohm load to get more out of the Crown 1502 I am using for the fronts.

Sincerely,
    LionelC

2. Why not use the HTM center channel?
    Stacking them is probably a really bad idea. If you need something more robust then get the 1899's.

3. Well, my idea for stacking was to get more power from my amp, I don't think they are any 4 ohm options. I was afraid the double compression drivers would not be a good idea, but wanted to ask. I did not know there was an 1899, and the 1099 seem to be out of stock indefinitely?

Now after looking back at the site I see the 1299s! May just have to upgrade my amp.

As far as using one for a center, it would not fit under the TV, and might be a bit big for the wife factor as a center. This is not going in a theater room; unfortunately I don't have a basement here in Houston.

So would using 1299s for fronts and 1099 for center be a good match?

4. Sorry for the late reply! The 1099 as a center channel would be just fine with the 1299's as a L/R.

5. Thanks for taking the time to reply. I think I have a plan, now I just need to execute it.

LionelC

6. How about using a 1099 center with HTM-12 mains?

7. I am using a 1299 as a center with my HTM12's and it is great!

Gitsum likes this.