DIY Sound Group is MOVING!! ----Info and Sales Thread----

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by Erich H, May 25, 2020.

1. When DIY Sound Group first started it was operated out of the small "warehouse" next to my landscape company in my spare time. Eventually I realized it wasn't the best set up for this type of work so a couple years ago I started looking for a better place. Last year I found a new location that would give easier storage and a better packaging space after some modifications were completed. It's been about 9 months and I'm finally ready to move into the new building. This is very exciting, but it will also be lots of work due to how much 'stuff' has been accumulated over the years.

Time Line: This is going to happen in the beginning of June and will probably take a couple weeks (at least). During that time most of the bigger kits will be out of stock. I've already temporarily taken some down in preparation. If you recently talked to me about purchasing kits or flat packs, I'll still be taking care of those, so don't worry.

Clearance Items: When I start moving to the new building there will be lots of items put into the clearance section. Mainly left over parts from past kits and B-stock items that I'd rather not move to the new place. There will also be components sold from kits that I thought about doing but never got around to working on them. Some of these will be interesting and some of the mark downs will allow for significant savings.

Changes Coming:

Kit Options - I have to streamline how kits are offered on the site and remove some of the options to make things run smoother. It's become incredibly difficult to track inventory for a single kit when there are 5 different ways to order it. Every option is like tracking an entirely new kit. I'll be prepackaging some kits the way they're ordered 95% of the time so that they can be shipped out quicker. I might allow option changes, but shipping times will increase on those special orders.

Inventory Tracking - Most of you guys know this has been a big issue. My goal with prepackaging kits the way they're usually ordered should improve how inventory is tracked.

Pallet Shipping - The new shop has a loading dock which should make pallet shipping much easier than before.

Local Pickup - This will allow you to save shipping costs on some of the larger items such as subwoofer cabinets.

2. Any idea when the 1099s may be back in stock?

3. Can you give us any more information about the new site? Do you have an estimated date of when it will be up and running?
    Many thanks,
    Joel