S2000 Speaker Kit - MTM Information

Discussion in 'Home Audio Speaker Kit Information' started by Erich H, Aug 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Erich H, Aug 16, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    General Information:
    The dual woofer S2000 MTM speaker kit is a high performance two-way design that fits a wide variety of uses. When your limited on space but don't want to be limited on sound quality, this is the speaker line most recommended. This S2000 kit features a 1" Wavecor tweeter and two Denovo Audio 4.5" cast frame woofers that utilize a light weight carbon fiber cone for a smooth balanced sound.

Designer Notes from Paul C:
    These turned out great! They should slot in well as an upgrade to the Overnight Sensations. The're really nice low-distortion drivers, and they just sound effortless, even when pushed really hard. I honestly don't know where the limit is on these, but they were playing at 95 dB at my house and didn't seem to be breaking a sweat. Like the TM, the harder you drive them the better they sound. Bass is surprisingly deep, just like the TM version. It should complement the other one perfectly.

Recommendations:
    Great for 2 channel stereo music without the need for a subwoofer.
    Works good as a horizontal center channel between the single woofer version.
    Often built for small living room or large bedroom speaker set ups.
    Can be used for home theater systems when you're limited on space.
    Pairs well with 10" - 12" subwoofers when used for home theater.
    Timbre matched to the single woofer S2000 MT speaker.

Parts Included Per Speaker Kit:
    2- Denovo Audio DCF-458 8 ohm 4.5" woofers
    1- Wavecor TW022WA02 tweeter
    2- Telescopic port
    1- Baltic birch front panel
    1- Set of crossover components
    3- #8 black pan head screws for the tweeter
    8- #6 black pan head screws for the woofers
    8- #6 black pan head screws for the ports
    2- Quick connect spade terminals for the tweeter

1- Optional circuit board to install the crossover parts on.
    1- Optional Baltic birch flat pack speaker cabinet.

Assembly Notes and Suggestions:
    • The ports are adjustable so you can do some experimenting on the tuning with the port at 6" long, but the original design used them at 4.75". You want to glue the ports at the shortest length around 4.75" long.
    • The 8 ohm woofers must be wired in parallel for this speaker. Simply run your speaker wire from both woofers back to the circuit board and put both positive wires from the woofers under the '+' terminal screw and both negative wires from the woofers under the '-' terminal screw.
    • Test fit the woofers, tweeter, and rear ports prior to assembly just to be sure they fit okay.
    • Remember to mark and predrill all screw holes before installing them. I usually use a 7/64" or 1/8" bit for the #8 screws and a 3/32" bit for the #6 screws.
    • When tightening down the screws, always use your free hand to cover and protect the woofer surround directly next to the screw you're installing. If the screwdriver slips, it won't damage your woofer.
    • Very Important: Inductors are the crossover parts that look like small rolls of wire. Notice that the two ends of wire are silver and have been 'tinned' with solder. Those silver parts are what you should be soldering to, so don't cut them off to get to the copper colored portion.
    • Wiring up the speakers correctly is very important. Be sure that you're wiring positives to positives (or red to red) and negatives to negatives (or black to black).

2. Build Pictures: If you have any pictures or build threads of your S2000 speakers, please email them to me and I'll add them to the gallery below.

Attached Files:

3. Common Questions:

- Will these blend okay with the single woofer MT version?
    Yes, they are timbre matched speakers.

- Can these be used on their side as a center channel? Yes, they were designed for vertical or horizontal use.

- Can I order these without a roundover on the front edges? The roundovers are done when they're cut and I'm not able to do any custom work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.