--SOLD-- TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

Discussion in 'Classified Section' started by BillWaslo, Oct 13, 2012.

1. --SOLD--
    I hate to do this, but I just don't have room for these anymore -- (common problem for speaker builders I guess). I'm now using diy Synergy horns, which work better in my room and with my wife's interior design tastes. So I have to move my babies (and the >year of work involved in making them) on to a new owner.

These have 1" thick walls, extensive internal window bracing, top and bottom are rounded mdf. Grilles connect with internal magnets. Veneering job isn't the best, unfortunately, but still looks very good. Quite classy (though wife thinks the wood grain is a little wild).

Also, don't mind the "milk crate" stands in the photos, I have much nicer looking black stands I made for these that are included.

Sound with a good crossover is exceptional, hard to say much more. TD15Ms, SEOSes, DE250s....Smooth, efficient, effortless, solid. I was using them biamped with a Mini-DSP crossover (not included, but I'd be happy to provide the coefficients file).

Asking $700 for the pair -- get the parts at below cost and save yourself the trouble of building a box -- but pick up only please (Cincinnati/Dayton Ohio area)! I can't even pick these up anymore much less wrangle them into a shipping box. For some extra, I could be persuaded to build up a passive crossover for them.

Thanks, Bill

Attached Files:

2. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

No one?
    Any offers? These would be very hard to beat.

3. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

Man, I wish I could use some wider speakers.

4. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

I'm interested in TD15M 8)

5. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

sorry, not parting these out.

6. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

Bill, do you have rough dimensions? Also, about how heavy are they?

7. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

I would love to take them from you if you are willing to ship them to Houston, TX ;)

8. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

If you want to arrange a shipping co to come pick them up that would work. But I can't pack them up or transport them, sorry!

9. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

I sent a PM, wondering if there is any chance you would sell/ship do just the drivers/waveguides (all of them together)?

10. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

Well, I guess I could do that at the same price but it would probably send me into a fit of depression just discarding that hard- earned cabinet after all the work, time, expense (and a little blood) that I put into making it. :-[

11. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

Here are some replies I sent to cocostan via PM:

Dimensions of each box are: 26 deep 20 wide x 32 tall, though the drivers are in a corner slice (the toe-in is built-in). Weight, I don't know. I was able to pick them up, barely, before my back gave way (though picking them up is probably one of the contributing factors to my back problems!). Walls are made of 2 layers of half inch ply, with pliant glue between them (constrained layer damping). All corners visible from the drivers have 1.5" roundovers. Top and bottom are MDF, layered and painted. Tops don't fit quite right (a measurement error, apparently) but it doesn't show from the front. As I said, the veneer is nice but not perfectly applied in places -- some bumpiness if inspected closely). Finished with ArmRSeal semigloss, over 3 layers of dewaxed shellac (Bull's Eye Sealcoat ). Lots of internal bracing.

Stands are 12" high (to get horns near ear level), a bit unconventional. Made of criss-crossed prelaminated melamine boards assembled with angle bracket, nothing fancy, but they do the job.

More photos are at: http://libinst.com/SEOS/SEOS15%20TD15M%20Photos.zip

12. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

I do understand, if you do end up having to move just the drivers/waveguides to avoid the fits of depression associated with all that stuff in the garage, which IME can be wife related fits of depression (the most enduring kind), please consider me first in line.

13. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

Thanks Ryan, but its not the drivers that currently occupy significant space. I'll wait. a little longer before going that way.

14. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

bwaslo,

I would love to take these from you if you would not mind to ship them to Texas. ;)

xecluded

15. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

xecluded, that sounds good, but I'm not able to package them up nor take them to a shipping place. I think they would have to ship freight.... if you are ok with arranging that, then we can do. But that's why I said 'pick up'
    :(

16. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

Totally worth a Road Trip!
    I wish I could get them, but I need to consider selling things as it is.
    Well, somebody is going to get a really good deal on these.

17. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

Bill, I sent you a message but haven't heard back.

18. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

Max, you have a PM.

19. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

Bill,

These are a steal; have you listed them elsewhere?

Also I'd mention them in the Rallying thread.

Good luck.

And I totally get the depression thing; I'd share my stories but it's too depressing

20. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

No. haven't listed elsewhere. I don't think I can put "for sale" posts in that thread, wouldn't it have to go to the classified over there?

The shipping thing is a real problem. Would have to make crates or custom boxes, probably, to ship.

I may end up parting out the woofers, then putting some less expensive 15's in there and giving them to a friend who runs a bar..... at least the cabs would still be in use.

21. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

Hello bwaslo, I am interested I. These and live in Indy, so not too far for pickup. I need to know what the dimension is from the front of the baffle to the rear corner is.

I have a defined space that I could make these work within. I would also be interested in your crossover desig services for these as well since I prefer passive for my usage.

Thank you in advance!

Brian

22. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

If it weren't for logistics, I'd take them off you in a heartbeat. How to get them to Toronto though?

23. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

Josh, it's a mere 12hr drive!

24. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

Then you'll deliver? ;)

25. Re: 2x: TD15M, SEOS15, DE250, ultra-sturdy ply rosewood veneered cabinets

Are these still f/s? I am local, and while not new to audio and HT, I have just recently become interested in DIY designs, and perhaps doing some of my own at some point. Would I be able to hear them first? Thanks.