Deltalite-10/Zilch-10

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by kevin007, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Any word on these two speaker kits? Are they available? Has anyone built a pair of either one and if so can you give some info on them?

Thanks a million,

Kevin

2. Zilch seemed to like the one he built. I'll try to find the link that talks about that particular design and post it.

3. Is this it Erich? http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?215536-Flex-Your-PCD-Mettle/page11&p=1639915#post1639915
    Zilch used the 18 sound XT1086 buy outs at that time.

4. That's the one, but those weren't buyout waveguides. The buyouts were the XT-120's from QSC, but they were used on other speakers and I'm not sure he ever finished the crossovers for all of those before he passed away.

The XT-1086 in that design is an $80 waveguide which is why very few people built them. I spent a lot of time trying to source that waveguide for cheaper to bring the price down to a reasonable level. And of course the DNA-360 is priced much cheaper than the DE250. The problem is that the Deltalite woofer itself has gone up $50.

But I do have the kit, I just have to add up the prices.

5. Is that the original XT1086 waveguide, a clone, or something else? I'm really interested in this one since I already have a pair of 2510/DNA360 and I'm crossover design challenged.

6. It's a very well made clone. They were hard to find, but I was on a mission! I believe they're a poured fiberglass reinforced resin.

It's been difficult to get a nice picture of them though. I'll be trying again in a couple days.

7. Erich,

Is there any word yet on the availability of the delta-10 and zilch-10 speakers yet?

Also I assume the Malcolm is a center channel speaker, and if it is designed to be a center channel speaker would the Malcolm blend well with the delta-10 or the zilch-10? Since I do not have a dedicated home theater room or a projector having a horizontal center channel that is voiced for dialog as well as music and effects is essential.

Thanks bro,

Kevin

8. Erich,

I am really interested in the Zilch-10. Is there any word yet on the availability of the kit and flat pack? Also to help us novices out will there be something included with the kits that shows the layout of the crossover? When I bought a kit from meniscus one of the items they included was a sticker you could put on the board that showed the layout. Though I did not use the sticker or the board they sent something showing the layout and connections was just what I needed.

Thanks bro for all you do!

Kevin

9. I'll add up the parts for the Zilch kit tonight. But it's pretty expensive because the Deltalite 10" isn't a cheap woofer. He also used an L-Pad with his design so you could adjust the volume of the compression driver.

I have baffles for that kit, but I don't have boxes yet. I think Zilch has a photos of the crossover layout somewhere in the long thread on AudioKarma. I'll try to dig that up.

10. Co0lbeans!

11. I see the Z10 kit is NLA. No need to discuss why.

I am interested in a pair of the waveguides and baffles since I already have the DNA360 and 2510 in hand. The crossover parts are optional since I already have some of them...whatever makes it easy for you....include them if you already have them kitted up to match the number of waveguides.

Thanks,

Don

12. I see the EOS 10 listed now. I'll wait until you get the baffle listed and take it from there.

Rock on!

13. I didn't order much for that kit. I do have baffles sitting around and will post them. If they aren't up this week, just let me know how many you need.