High Output SEOS-12 Project

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by jdubs, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Hey Guys

How about mating the 12" SEOS / DNA-360 combo with an 18Sound 12NLW9300:

http://www.usspeaker.com/eighteensound-12NLW9300-1.htm

in a ~2 cu. ft. sealed enclosure? Will be using sub(s) to fill in the low-end.

I can get the enclosure and front baffle from Erich....just need the cutout for the woofer.

Not sure about crossover point...figured I would experiment via active means (rePhase).

-Jim

2. Hey Jim,

Did you model that woofer in unibox or winISD? The QTS is a tad low which may suggest its not the best woofer for sealed enclosure, don't really know. Why this particular driver?

Josh

3. Hey Josh

Thanks for the reply. I'm not at all tied to this specific driver but saw its mention by Erich in the "big" thread with a couple of positive responses. It seems interesting from a SPL capability perspective and that's what I am after (while not sacrificing sound quality, if possible). I'd really like something that can keep up with the SEOS-12 / DNA-360 combo, in terms of output. 12" is appealing from a form factor perspective, as is a sealed design (both resulting in a small-ish overall box). Low-end will come from a tapped horn, most likely.

Any other ideas on drivers would be awesome. WinISD has always given me issues and I haven't done any real modeling with it as of yet, but I did manage to get the basic driver parameters loaded (attached).

[SIZE=78%]Thanks again,[/SIZE]
    Jim

Attached Files:

4. Ok, how about this driver in a ported (slot?) design?

I'm thinking about the TD12M drivers, too, but these 18Sound drivers seem to be able to be a little heavier duty.

-Jim