SEOS 15 TD15X 4ohm Apollo DE250

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by FrostyWoofers, May 14, 2015.

1. Hey guys,

Long time speaker builder and even longer lurker on more than a few forums. Need help with a passive xover for a pair of TD15X's I have laying around. Built the 3pi and 4pi speakers along with a few other designs but fell in love with high efficiency so im not looking back. I've seen a few different passive designs for the TD woofers on the forum here. I'm pretty sure I saw that there was a TD15X 4ohm Apollo that was measured somewhere (could have been on another forum). If someone can plug the numbers and mock up a passive crossover I would greatly appreciate it. I have some DE250's and some JBL 2446 monsters laying around waiting to sing ;) my computer is on the fritz so all I have is my iPad :-\
    P.S.- seems like a great community here with allot of knowlege! Glad to join in on the fun!

2. Hey Frosty, nice components. Not sure if anyone has measured the X version of the TD15. That has more bass output iirc? The M version is used more often when crossing to something like the DE250. It might be hard to find someone to "plug the numbers" for that woofer. What waveguide will you be using? In order to design a XO you really need to measure both the tweeter and woofer at the same time.

3. Hey thanks for the reply, took me about an hour to figure out that it automatically logged me out so that's why I couldn't reply...anywho yea The TDX series are less efficient than the TDM but have great midbass kick which is what I was using them for. I would like to use the SEOS 15 and I am open to suggestions for which compression driver to use. I just happen to have the DE250 and 2446 on hand at the moment. I've seen a few passive networks for the M series woofers on the forum. Obviously not plug and play. Impedence, efficiency, and surround resonances are just the start. I believe the X is still able to play high enough to cross to the seos without too much of an issue. Since I don't have access to a computer in order to perform any measurements i was hoping someone had some on file so I had a starting point to play with. Building these for my basement unless the finished product sounds better than the pi4s I have with the 2226s.

4. Could a moderator move this thread to the diy projects section please? I think I posted this in the wrong section ???

5. I have a pair of 15X, but it will be a little while before I can measure them.

6. That would be great if you could. I have enough to keep me busy for a couple months the way it is ;D
    Just sawed up a few sheets for a pair of johnnysubs. Third shift is really making it hard to get anything worthwhile done. Going back to days in a couple weeks.