Fusion 6 Kit Assembly - Gasket Tape

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by Zhillsguy, Mar 30, 2016.

1. 1. What is the best method for applying the straight gasket tape for the waveguide? Apply near the inside cutout or to the waveguide?

2. What glue are most folks using? I typically would use PL Premium, but haven't glued up a tight fitting CNC kit in a long time. Should I glue all pieces in one process or more? I have a few clamps.

Thanks.

2. From the 'Assembly Tips' section of the main DIYSoundGroup page:

If your kit comes with a piece of gasket tape, it should be applied to the back of the waveguide. Peel the paper off the back to expose the sticky side and slowly work it around the perimeter on the back of the waveguide.

I did that on my fusion-8's and it worked fine. There was extra left over even.

As far as glue, I personally use Titebond. Pretty much any white glue or variant will probably fail after the wood if applied properly.

3. Thanks, I didn't see that link. I ended up getting TiteBond 3 and it is working well. Gluing up the second one now, should have them up and running by next weekend. I got some Duratex from PE this week as well. Should be fun, can't wait to hear them.