Alpha-8 Minions, SEOS 8 for Dome

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by broncosaurs, Oct 13, 2016.

1. I have a set of the old Alpha-8 Minions, Denovo Driver with the B&C 8" 8PS21 and a Denovo 205 driver (I think). I re-did the ports to make a full width port to get rid of the smaller port huffing keeping the tuning frequency the same. I have never been happy with the Denovo 205 driver sound and durability. It has been replaced a few times. Will the SEOS-8 for domes fit into the cutout on the Alphas? Has any one worked up a xover for this combo of B&C 8" and the RS28 speakers? I would like to do this conversion with a passive xover if available. I could do a mini dsp but I am trying to keep the cost down.

Thanks Brad

2. Very quite forum.

3. If your Alpha-8 is assembled correctly you should be able to play it at extremely high volumes without any issues. The chance of hurting the compression driver is nearly impossible unless you have some type of amp issues or amp clipping issues. There are large numbers of Denovo DNA-205's out there in many different speaker kits and I've only heard of a couple having problems. And they were both due to them assembling the crossovers wrong and shorting it out.

You said you replaced the compression driver a few times. What did you replace it with?