893 Frankenstein Tower

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by scary, May 14, 2017.

1. Agreed that how the music was converted and stored would have a big effect on how it will sound. I am in no way an audiophile as well, but can appreciate good music vs bad sound. Some Pandora streams are actually decent, but some to me are not so good but good enough to be background music. I am using wifi so maybe that has something to do with how good my connection is as well.

That 35Hz is only for sealed boxes. I am not sure you can do this with the ported box. Maybe your tune is close enough that it wont matter. But it may also be dangerous if the levels are high enough and then can damage the woofers.

Can't promise on when I will have my build started. But it will come. I am almost done with what I need to do with my house to be able to work on the home theater. Hopefully end of this year.

2. Are you going to reinforce the junctions by adding a backing or doubling the entire baffle? Or are you going to leave it as is?

3. I didn't have to add any reinforcements because each joint fell on a brace between woofers and the mid/tweet section.