1099 fronts with what surrounds?

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by Jason Burchill, Jun 21, 2021.

1. I have 3 1099s for my fronts, but am waiting for some of the HTs to come in. I was thinking of just getting 4 HT-8s when then come in, or would I be better with the HT-10s? The reason I ask is, the 1099s have the Eminence woofers, so does the HT10s. The 8s are Celestion woofers. Would it be better to keep the woofers the same?

2. I am curious about this too. I was thinking of the Volt-8 or Volt-10 since the surrounds will be about 6 feet or less from the listening position. I rarely watch movies but figured I might as well finish the system so it matches pretty-well.

3. This is exactly what I did with the HTM12's (old version) and my 1299 center channel in regard to the compression drivers. I figured it can't hurt at the very least.

While it would be great to have the exact same 10in drivers in both are you sure they really are the same driver? Since the HT10 is not on the site I can't even check .

4. The brand of component makes no difference. What’s important is the crossover design and implementation of the speaker as a whole. The HT’s and 1099’s are not designed by the same people but they do have enough design goals in common that they mate together very well. Either the HT-8 or 10 will sound wonderful as surrounds. I use the 8’s myself. The only reason to go with the 10’s would be if you require greater output than are capable with the 8’s and even that difference is minimal. Plus, I’m not sure the 10’s will ever be back based on what I’ve read on here. Don’t overthink it. You are going to LOVE anything from the HT(M) line for surround duty.