Clothing rack? NO, Mobile Clamp Rack....YES!

Discussion in 'DIY Speakers and Subwoofers' started by Mjaudio, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Here is something I thought you guys might find helpful if you ever run across one of those nice round metal clothes hangers at a swap meet or something. I actually got mine as it was left in the garage by the previous owners.

When I first saw it I almost gave it away but then I noticed how heavy duty it was and thought "Mobile Clamp rack here I come"

[​IMG]

I used these casters from Amazon since they are meant for a lot of weight and have a locking mechanism:

[SIZE=78%]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000DD1EG/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00[/SIZE]

I was lucky as the feet that were at the bottom corresponded with the mounting holes on the casters and the added 2/4's on either side were used to secure the other side. The 2/4's on the bottom were also used to secure the round MDF plate I made which was sealed and a great place to put my glue and what nots.

Now I can move my clamps right next to were I am working and save a lot of time.

2. I've been keeping my eye out for one of those clothes racks to show up on Craigslist, but haven't been lucky enough yet. Right now I have clamps laying pretty much everywhere. That really is a good idea.

3. How did I miss this, that's awesome. Too bad I don't have the room in my shop area of my basement for any more stuff, so on the wall my clamps will stay.

4. I wonder if you could just ask somebody at a clothing store if they have any extra they would be willing to sell?

These things are pretty heavy duty, I have a total of close to 40 heavy clamps on there and then about 20 to 30 quick clamps and spring clamps. I know all these clamps weigh a bunch, I have moved them enough times and have to spread them out to about 5 or 6 boxes just so there manageable to carry without breaking your back. The way this rack moves around with the heavy duty casters you would never guess it weighed so much.

5. Yeah, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout!
    You really should enter your Mobile Clothing Clamp Rack in some of the woodworking magazines. You might win some new tools.

6. I had to switch e-mail's, my old e-mail service was blocking these responses as well as any from the AVS, really weird.

Sorry for the late reply PI, and thanks for the suggestion................cmon free CNC ;D