Constant changing of the volume

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by Grimed, Jun 27, 2015.

1. I am wondering if i was to build a speaker system if it could change this. I get tired of constant;y changing the volume to hear the dialog. I only have a 5.1 system at this time Klipsh speakers ( don't hate me). I am a very busy so if i was to take the time build speakers I would like to eliminate this.
    I read that Dolby atoms may solve this issue but I have not seen any thing that you build that supports Dolby atoms,

Thanks

2. Your speakers are not the problem - most likely.

You could try to adjust the level trim for the center channel. That would bring up dialog (in most cases) without bringing up the level of most of the effects and music in a soundtrack.

You could do some investigating about some EQ. I'm not sure what bands you might trim in which direction, but there may be some help there.

Most often, speech intelligibility has to do with room acoustics and speaker setup. A few well-placed absorber panels are probably your most effective solution. Depending on the exact nature of the problem (lateral reflections vs something else), a speaker with better-controlled directivity, like any of the the SEOS designs, could aid in improving the in-room response of your system - but the room is probably the source of the problem.