Eminence 15" Subwoofer and Midbass Information

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by Erich H, Feb 14, 2019.

1. #76 RPWoodbine, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    I'm considering purchasing the Impact M4-15i Baltic Birch 4.0cuft Midbass flat-pack from DIY Sound Group for the 4 Buyout 15" Subwoofer's I purchased. If I purchased my own 3" ports in longer lengths, would this lower the tune for the box? I would like them tuned to around 25 to 30hz. If this would lower the tune, and given the fact that there are 4 ports in each enclosure, how long would I have to make each port for a 25 to 30hz tune?

My end result will be an HT-12 sitting atop of a Buyout 15" Subwoofer, to make a 3 way setup. I'll most likely use a pair of Crown XLS 1002 amps to power each speaker set up, one amp(bridged 700 wattsx1 channel) for the Buyout 15" Subwoofer and one amp(bridged 700x1 channel) for the HT-12. I'll use the crossover settings in the amps to blend them together. I'm thinking about 250hz and below for the Buyout 15"Subwoofer and 200hz and above for the HT-12. Thanks for any help.

2. There will be some ported boxes coming soon that will work better than the Impact model if you want to tune lower. The ports that go with the Impact M4-15i are 10" long and I'm not sure where you would find longer ones that fit the same hole cutout.

RPWoodbine likes this.
  3. Thanks Erich. I'll wait then and keep an eye out for the boxes your referring to.

4. [QUOTE=" I'm thinking about 250hz and below for the Buyout 15"Subwoofer and 200hz and above for the HT-12. Thanks for any help.[/QUOTE]

I don't know how that high a crossover (200hz and above for the HT-12) setting will react with the existing passive crossover in the HT-12. It just sounds problematic to me. Maybe Erich or MTG will chime in regarding that?

So your plan calls for 4 of the Crown XLS 1002 amps, correct? Just wanted to be sure that is what you are planning.

5. I'm new to the DIY audio world. I've purchased one 15" and a 1.5 cubic foot sealed box. I'm looking to install this in my vehicle. Can anyone recommend an amp that would be appropriate? I'm also looking for information on gauge sizing, et cetera, so if anyone can recommend a resource where I can educate myself further, that would be appreciated.

6. #81 qguy, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    In large ported enclosure, say 5 cubic ft, which SVS sub will this be comparable to ?

7. I don't know how that high a crossover (200hz and above for the HT-12) setting will react with the existing passive crossover in the HT-12. It just sounds problematic to me. Maybe Erich or MTG will chime in regarding that?

So your plan calls for 4 of the Crown XLS 1002 amps, correct? Just wanted to be sure that is what you are planning.[/QUOTE]

Hey Marc...thanks for the reply/post. I don't think it will be an issue. I''m definitely not a sound engineer or speaker designer, but I wouldn't think it would cause an issue with the HT-12. I've heard good things about the Crown XLS line and like how they have adjustable active crossover functions built in. I was thinking of running them all in mono, one for the HT-12 and one for the Buyout 15 bass module. The only other option I was considering was buying an active crossover, such as the Behringer DCX2496 and running Behringer amps for the Buyout 15's and an A/B amp, like the Monolith, for the HT-12's. What were you thinking the issue would be by only feeding the HT-12's a signal void of frequency's below 200hz? Thanks for any input and knowledge you have to share.

8. Has anyone modeled these in a dual opposed sealed sealed configuration like the initial post suggests, compared with single ported? Curious how they would stack up .

I have a single SI HT18 v2 ported at 22hz. Any thoughts on integrating sealed and ported? If I were to go ported instead, Is it important to have similar tuning freq with my existing sub?

taloyd likes this.