FS: Concentric-6 Coaxial Drivers!

Discussion in 'Classified Section' started by Matt Grant, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Genius! Thank you for sharing this! Two follow-up questions if you don't mind (and I can move this over to a private message since I am getting off topic if you'd like):
    • Since this extends past the original box, does this affect the overall sound quality of speakers (diffraction from baffle edges)?
    • Can fabric like this be used to also cover any port holes (for a clean look)? Or is that generally advised to avoid?
    Thanks again!

2. The grills do effect sound quality from diffraction and some HF loss but only to a minor degree.

They can cover port holes provided there is airspace between the port and the grill fabric. If you put the material right up against the port you will loose quite a bit of bass output due to restriction. Though this also depends on the type of speaker, for subs with very high airflow from the ports it's not the best idea to cover them at all.

Jim likes this.
  3. Matt what is the possibility of getting a ported baffle and flat packs with these? Was hoping I could get a "whole kit" for two for surrounds.

Would these be alright with HT12s as LCR? I have tiny bose speakers as surrounds right now haha. I imagine these would still be an upgrade.

4. Hi Dane,

The baffle design I posted here fits these flat packs from Parts Express if you wanted to go that route?

They would certainly work well with HT-12's and should be a massive upgrade from Bose cubes.

Matt

5. Thanks Matt,

I am happy to build my own cabinet with some 3/4" material I have leftover from a previous build. I was hoping I could just get all the parts from you for convenience.

6. Hi Matt, is this still available?

7. Yes still have 8 of the drivers.

8. are the baffles/pcb available?

I can build the cab but would need baffle and pcb.

9. Yes I still have bare PCBs and can cut baffles as well.

10. Hi Matt, i sent you a PM about getting some of these. Thanks!

11. Matt, any idea what eminence woofers are closest to the LF portion of this coaxial? I’m considering experimenting with a cardioid midrange and don’t want to use two of these coax drivers per speaker if I can avoid it.