Full-range floorstanding 2-way SEOS of moderate sensitivity?

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by rongon, Feb 1, 2016.

1. I know the SEOS designs are meant for 93dB or higher efficiency, smooth response and controlled dispersion, with use of a subwoofer assumed. But...

Has anyone ever asked about a 2 cu ft floorstanding cab 2 way using a SEOS cd and waveguide, with sensitivity of about 90dB 1W/1m, -3dB at about 40Hz? Maybe with not quite as high power handling as the current SEOS designs? That's pretty much an Econowave with a SEOS waveguide, I guess. Is that an attractive idea to anyone?

thanks.

2. This is a late reply, but I think this is a great idea. I've even used the SEOS 10 and DNA-360 on a 90db 8" woofer that resulted in a 86db/2.83/m speaker. Sounds great. Nothing wrong with doing this sort of thing.

3. Tux, do you then have to pad the coax down like crazy? I'm not quite sure what the point would be then. To gain controlled directivity? I guess my thinking is that a bunch of design considerations/trade-offs go into a compression driver, but then you're tossing a chief upside which is sensitivity.