I posted a query on this forum and in spite of no replies here, I did get one from Erich directly. Figure to post the results here so that perhaps those considering this model will have another to look at. I glued the cabinet cases first and left the fronts just tacked with screws to give them a trial first before committing to a finish for them. I ordered the entire kit consisting of all the available pre-made components. I have a nice Unisaw, routers and certainly enough other hand/power tools to start from scratch, but cutting MDF for a one-off project doesn't thrill me. If the kit was substandard and I could improve upon it, that would be different, but I was glad not to have to make extra sawdust, or have leftover MDF that I would never use on anything else. I plan on building subs in the near future, but then I would be using whatever drops from this project, and then cutting into another whole sheet, with perhaps even a larger drop leftover to move around from here on out. Here I have the front baffle/faceplate tack screwed with a couple drywall screws in the woofer recess. I left the crossovers floating for now. I did add the suggested damping foam. Here is a picture of one being tried in the raw. After listening and finding how awesome these speakers sound, I decided on cherry veneer for the main cases.