Fusion 8 Alchemy

Discussion in 'DIY Speakers and Subwoofers' started by Dave schmidt, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Just finished assembling these little singers and was asked to share my thoughts.
    Fast shipping.
    Flatpacks are very precise. Only way to go.
    Packaging was first rate.
    Assembly was a breeze. The crossovers presented a bit of a challenge. I stared at the schematic for a good bit before I realized the simplicity of these crossovers. Then it was on and I had them both assembled in under an hour. For a novice at soldering, I would recommend getting the pre-assembled crossovers.
    To be brief, these babies really sing. I mean REALLY SING. I have a set of B&W 602's and a set of JBL 4406's to compare the Fusion 8's to (powered by a Marantz SR 6010). The Fusion 8's stand head and shoulders above the B&W's and JBL's. I'm still breaking them in but have played 24bit flac - everything from Lady Gaga to Gordon Lightfoot (Spirit, Steely Dan, Harry Nilsson) all high quality recordings. The efficiency of the Fusion 8's was immediately apparent. At -20 (reference), they sound as sweet as they are mellow. The B&W's would be at -12 to get the same db reading - but sound muffled compared to the Fusion 8's.
    I have yet to try them with my surround but will reserve that for another day. My opinion right now, is that I will never buy another name brand or pre-assembled speaker - these things are that good.

2. I agree with you, I put my Maximus 12LXEs up against my Kef 105.2s with the result of NO comparison. I cant wait to purchase and build some Volt 8s or 10s for surrounds.