Have JBL Studio 590 for LCR. Would Volt 6 match as surround?

Discussion in 'DIY Speakers and Subwoofers' started by bommai, Jun 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. I have JBL Studio 590 as LCR. Love them. I used to have Klipsch all around and I sold the LCR Klipsch last year. Yesterday I sold the Klipsch RS-35 surround as well. So now I need good surrounds that will blend well with the 3 JBL 590s that I have for both movies and surround music. In the JBL thread of avsforums, people advised me to get the JBL Pro SCS8 cinema surround speakers for my surrounds. They are way too expensive for me right now. So, I was looking into the Volt 6.

All important questions - would the Volt 6 blend well with the JBL 590s? The JBLs have a 1" compression driver with a biradial horn and 2 8" woofers in a 2.5 way design.

If Volt 6 will blend well, here are my follow on questions -
    I am sitting 6 to 7 feet away from the surround. If I build the angled enclosure, how high could I mount it ideally? I have an 8' ceiling. I have a door on one side and a window on the other that prevent me from mounting it at ear height. This is also the reason I cannot really get Volt 8 or 10 for the side surrounds (they are too big for the space). Putting them on a stand is not safe since I have kids and it will be on the way. Also, the surround back will be approximately the same distance as well. So, if the angled flat pack will work for that as well, I don't mind doing that. Finally, I don't have an ATMOS receiver yet, but if I were to do it one day, do I use the atmos flat pack and mount it flat on the ceiling or do people buy the angled flat pack and direct the speakers towards the MLP? Thank you.

Thank you.