Looking to upgrade my Klipsch setup and need recommendations

Discussion in 'DIY Speakers and Subwoofers' started by marc seals, May 7, 2017.

1. I have been fairly happy with my current speakers up to a certain volume level. When that certain point is reached (around -14ish for movies and -15 to -10 for music depending on the singer and source material) they start to get fatiguing in a hurry.
    My listening habits are 80% HT and 20% music.

I currently have RF7II's and a RC64II for fronts. My surrounds are RS52II's .
    Sub duties are handled by 2 PSA XS30's.
    I will be powering whatever I get with my Emotiva XPA5, though if more power is actually NEEDED I can work with that.

My main goal is better overall dialogue or clarity and a taming of the upper freq's at higher volumes. I do like detail but the RF's reach a certain point then get harsh.
    I do want equal or greater volume capabilities. I have a large open floor plan Kitchen/dining/living room that is 30' X 23' half of which is the living/HT area.

I will need a horizontal center channel and there are limits on how tall it can be based on my TV's bottom edge. I am guessing a 1299 is as large as I could go. The HT rack will need to be modified/shortened or possibly replaced since the 893 is too tall to fit there as is.

Size is not a deal breaker for L/R speakers as a WAF is not involved. Surround speakers will still need to be mounted in the same spot as the current speakers so there is an upper limit on size for those.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and help!

P.S. Budget is not really an issue based on prices I see on the DIYSG website as I was considering the JTR Noesis 210RM briefly. But at 6k for L/R/C I figured the law of diminishing returns was really kicking in.

Attached Files:

• HT.JPG
      HT.JPG
      File size:
      158.4 KB
      Views: