Near Field Studio Monitors DIY low budget

Discussion in 'DIY Speakers and Subwoofers' started by OmarToledo, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Hi all, I'm new here. I've been working on my home studio and time has come to get a set of monitors. I'm quite short on budget but want to get the best I can with what I have, so I thought of one of two options; build them from a kit or try to convert my JBL2500s into a studio monitor by replacing the speakers and tweeters with ones more swited for the job. I don't know much about this subject, I'm just a musician (and not even a good one), so I don't even know if what I say about the JBLs is possible. I need to replace one speaker on them and thought it might work.

For the DIY option I've been looking at the Overnight Sensations but don't know if these are suited for the job. I read that the Hitmakers work great for this but they are a bit to big, looking for something more compact.

Any advise is appreciated , Thanks

2. I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules, but I've got a pair of NHT M-60 Studio Monitors I could sell you. Well, two pair, actually.
    These are New, Old Stock, never used. Except one pair I listened to a little bit and I like the sound. I just have too many speakers and want to build even more.

The M-60s were originally fully active, using an XDA, which is no longer available. But, the original designer--Jack Hidley--also designed a passive crossover for them, which I built and kept external in its own separate box, in case someone wants to switch over to a fully active system later.

NHT has the M-60 Studio Monitors on clearance right now for $399/each with no crossover.
    You can have an unused pair for $400 plus shipping with the passive crossovers included, if you'd like. PM me if you're interested. Like I said, I have two pair available in case someone else is interested.

Here is a link to the M-60s.
    Here is a link to the passive crossover boxes I built. The M-60s can sit right on top of them.

3. Thanks for the offer but I'm on a tight budget for this project and since I don't do this professionally I can't spend that much money. But thanks again for the offer