Subwoofer for Theater Room

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by Eric O, Jan 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hello all, first post here. I am hoping you audiophiles could help me solution for my theater. My theater room is about 12X17 and am looking to fill out the bass a little more. I am running dual subwoofers right now (12 inch SVS PC-2000 and a cheap 10 inch Onkyo). I love the SVS for movies and bringing out the low end for music, but my system is lacking some the middle punch for music. I listen to many types of music but I feel like the bass is lacking mostly on the rap music. Does anyone have any budget friendly ideas for to replace my Onkyo? I am on a budget and was thinking about picking up a Dayton Audio SUB-1200 due to the quality for the price but wondering if there are better options. The Dayton may be too musical for my set up as well.

Any who, thanks for reading and looking forward to feedback!

2. This would be a good start for what you need if you want some mid-bass presence. http://www.diysoundgroup.com/midbass-module.html

I have no idea what your budget is, so that would be a good start as well. Have any done any room analysis with REW? You could have a room node issue also.